for “Order & Collect” service use
(Hereinafter as “GTC”)
These GTC shall govern the conditions of “Order & Collect” service use as well as the relationship between the customer and provider of this service, the company Lotuss Stores (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. (Registration no. 200001018812 (521419-K) (referred to as “we” or “our”).
Before using the “Order & Collect” service, please, read these GTC carefully. By using the “Order & Collect” service you agree with the wording of the GTC and you agree to be bound by these GTC. If you do not agree to these GTC, please, do not use the “Order & Collect” service.
1. Principle of “Order & Collect” service
“Order & Collect” service is service that enables the customer to place order in any of our retail network by using instant messaging applications, primarily WhatsApp and collect on the same day by any three collections method provided. The service is currently free to use and there are no subscription fees or processing fees charged.
2. Availability of “Order & Collect”
· With effective of September 23rd of 2021, “Order & Collect” service is available in all Lotus’s Malaysia stores unless otherwise stated
· All range in stores is available to order via “Order & Collect”, however this is subject to product availability in stores
· In case item ordered is out of stock, our personal shopper will contact you for confirmation of substitute items. You may accept or decline the proposed substitute item at this stage.
· To assist the selection process, our personal shoppers may share Lotus’s weekly promotional materials upon contacted. Customers may also sign up for Lotus’s weekly newsletter available on our website.
· Customers are to place their orders via WhatsApp anytime between 8am – 4pm daily. Last order is at 4pm.
· The service closes at 6pm daily and all orders are to be collected by 6pm. Any uncollected orders will be cancelled automatically. In case of any delays please arrange for appropriate collection with our personal shoppers.
3. Placing orders
Customers may contact our personal shopper via contact numbers stated on Lotus’s website. Upon contacting our personal shoppers, customers are to provide:
· Contact number
· Email Address
· Shopping list indicating quantity and weight (for weighted items)
· Payment method (Online or In-store)
4. Making payments
· In Store - Customers may make payment by presenting purchase barcode at the dedicated Order & Collect counter in the store. This needs to be done within 30 minutes upon receiving the WhatsApp notification from our Personal Shopper on the total amount along with the purchase barcode.
· Online payment - Customers are encouraged to use our online payment method, that supports cards payment (Mastercard & VISA), online transfers via FPX and e-wallets. Personal shopper will share a payment link via email or WhatsApp once order confirmation is made. Kindly click on the link, continue with payment for the transaction to be completed.
· Prior to payment request, out personal shoppers will share with the customer:
- The full list of items picked (screenshot from Lotuss Scan & Shop app)
- Payment receipt indicating to total amount to be paid
- Order number
5. Use of cash vouchers & MyLotus’s member point redemptions when using “Order & Collect” service
· In store payment – Cash voucher payments, MyLotus’s member points redemptions and coupon redemptions can be used at checkouts.
· Online payment – Due to system limitations customers are only able to collect MyLotus’s member points with their “Order & Collect” purchase for now. Vouchers/coupons & points redemption will be made available in the future.
6. Prices and Promotions
All prices and promotion as per what are stated in the stores and on our promotional materials. If required, further clarification can be made with our personal shoppers.
7. Collection method
Customers have 3 options to collect, this will be agreed upon with our personal shoppers during your WhatsApp conversation with them:
· In-store collection - Once received the payment confirmation from our Personal Shopper, customers can pick up their shopping in store just by approaching our staff at the dedicated counter.
If in-store payment was chosen as payment method, personal shopper will share a purchase barcode to the customer, which can be used to make payment at the dedicated counter upon order collection.
· Drive through - With this method our personal shopper will guide you on the collection point at our parking lot. Collection points can be identified by our signages. Customers are to advice our personal shopper of their arrival time. There will be 10-15 minutes waiting time as the runners prepare your items for collection.
· 3rd party collection - Customers can choose their preferred rider service and make the necessary arrangement by confirming the pickup time and name of rider service. Do share your name and your order number with the rider in order to avoid any miscommunications.
8. Same Day Delivery with Lalamove
Customers can also enjoy same day delivery with Order & Collect starting from 2nd Dec 2021. Delivery will be fulfilled by a third-party delivery service (Lalamove). However, this is subjected to delivery fees.
a) A flat rate of RM 8.00 for the first 10km
b) For distances above 10km, there will be an additional RM 1.00 charged per kilometre
All charges will be reflected on the receipt prior to making payment. Customers are to confirm/verify their order prior to making payment. Delivery will only be booked upon successful payment from customers via online payment. Delivery with Lalamove is only available at Lotus’s Ara Damansara & Lotus’s Ampang stores now.
9. Refund and Returns
There will be no refunds and returns with “Order & Collect” as our personal shoppers will require order confirmation from customers on items picked and substitutions selected prior to making payment online.
10. Plastic bags
In accordance Lotus’s no single use plastic bags policy, there will be no plastic bags given. Customers may opt to bring their own bags to collect their item or may purchase Lotus’s reusable or eco bags. Additional charges may be applicable. Do inform our personal shopper during order placement if you are bringing own bags for collection. This will assist our personal shoppers to plan your shopping better.
11. Data Protection
We may update these GTC from time to time. The changes will apply to the use of the “Order & Collect” service and you can find updated GTC placed in Lotus’s website in the “Order & Collect” section. If you do not wish to accept the new GTC you should not continue to use the “Order & Collect” service. If you continue using “Order & collect” service after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the service indicates your agreement to be bound by the new GTC.
These GTC shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of the Malaysia and any disputes will be decided by the respective courts of the Malaysia.
If any provision of these GTC is found to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these GTC, which shall remain in full force and effect.
We shall not be responsible for any breach of these GTC caused by circumstances beyond its control.
These GTC are valid and effective as of 09/03/2022